Pneumatic Piston Actuator benefits from a remarkably simple and practical design. This actuator will open a reverse acting gate valve and is suitable for all types of applications and environments.
To operate the valve, pneumatic pressure is applied on a piston causing a downward movement of the piston, top shaft, down-stem, and the gate. The valve’s gate will remain in the open position until actuator control pressure is released and the actuator spring closes the valve
- Easy to install and repair
- Lightweight and compact design
- No special tools is required to repair
- Easily repaired
- Designed for long-life services
- All non-stainless components are coated with Xylan to protect against harsh marine environments
- Floating piston travels on bearing, eliminating metal-to-metal contact.
- Designed for safety
- Valve body penetration is on bonnet above backseat allowing monitoring of backseat and venting well pressure trapped below packing.
- Heavy-duty compression spring insures stem backseat at low-pressure
- Bonnet-to-stem, metal-to-metal fire safe backseat protects against bonnet packing distortion or damage in the event of fire
- Packing retainer has wear bearings that prevent metal to metal contact with bonnet stem
- Top shaft is free-floating thereby eliminating torque transfer when using manual hold-open device
- Top shaft indicates position of gate valve.